GIVING
Merry Christmas Eve everyone!
Today is the eve of the day where we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. What an exciting time of year!
I was looking at the gifts under our tree today, thinking about what they might be (because what else would I be doing), and my mind kept drifting to the gift that God gave us in Jesus. Our salvation is the best, most important gift we have, and if Jesus had not been born on Earth, we would not have it.
Another thing I was thinking about was how amazing the gift of giving is. I thought about our greatest gift, Jesus, and in turn, thought about how, because of the love of this gift, we have the opportunity to give to each other.
I am so thankful this season, not only for the gifts I receive, but for the chance I have to give to others. I live in America, have a beautiful family, a house to live in, food to eat, a warm bed to sleep in, friends that care for me, and I also have the ability to go buy small presents for the people I love.
I was just blown away by the amazing love of our Savior today, and the fact that because He loved us and gave us the best gift, we can love each other and give each other gifts.
Maybe this is not some huge revelation for you, but I think everyone needs a reminder of how wonderful God is, and why this time of year is special.
Have a very merry Christmas everyone.
Today is the eve of the day where we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ. What an exciting time of year!
I was looking at the gifts under our tree today, thinking about what they might be (because what else would I be doing), and my mind kept drifting to the gift that God gave us in Jesus. Our salvation is the best, most important gift we have, and if Jesus had not been born on Earth, we would not have it.
Another thing I was thinking about was how amazing the gift of giving is. I thought about our greatest gift, Jesus, and in turn, thought about how, because of the love of this gift, we have the opportunity to give to each other.
I am so thankful this season, not only for the gifts I receive, but for the chance I have to give to others. I live in America, have a beautiful family, a house to live in, food to eat, a warm bed to sleep in, friends that care for me, and I also have the ability to go buy small presents for the people I love.
I was just blown away by the amazing love of our Savior today, and the fact that because He loved us and gave us the best gift, we can love each other and give each other gifts.
Maybe this is not some huge revelation for you, but I think everyone needs a reminder of how wonderful God is, and why this time of year is special.
Have a very merry Christmas everyone.
^ my PackYourBags family (I am in the upper right corner)

Comments
Post a Comment