NEW YEAR
Tomorrow is January 1st, the start of 2017, a new year. And even though this is not an original idea, I am going to post my New Year's resolutions, if only so I can look back at them and see how I did.
I believe that people should always be bettering themselves and working towards becoming more interesting, caring, God-loving people, but the fresh beginning of a new year is a great time to start new habits and break old ones.
Announcement! Something a lot of people do not give themselves when starting fresh is grace. If you are trying something new this year or are already having trouble even thinking about doing it, do not lost heart! Slip-ups are totally normal, and if you mess up one day, try your best the next day. You are completely alright, and any attempt to do better in life is a valiant effort. <3
My 2017 Resolutions
I believe that people should always be bettering themselves and working towards becoming more interesting, caring, God-loving people, but the fresh beginning of a new year is a great time to start new habits and break old ones.
Announcement! Something a lot of people do not give themselves when starting fresh is grace. If you are trying something new this year or are already having trouble even thinking about doing it, do not lost heart! Slip-ups are totally normal, and if you mess up one day, try your best the next day. You are completely alright, and any attempt to do better in life is a valiant effort. <3
My 2017 Resolutions
- Devotions every day! I have loved making that a part of my daily routine during the past semester, but I want to keep this habit going strong!
- Drink no pop or caffeine (besides whatever amount of caffeine is in hot chocolate, of course). It's not good for me and I went SO long without it! I can do it again.
- Invest in friendships that grow my heart and bring me closer to Jesus, rather than just letting myself open up to anyone and everyone. Doing that drains me and doesn't help me grow.
- Be intentional about my relationship with my boyfriend Bryce. We have grown so much together and I do not want to forget that I need to put intentional effort and love into the relationship to see it continue to grow.
- Care more about my health. I want to continue to eat healthier, making sure that I am eating enough food every day (sometimes I accidentally under eat), exercise when I can, and drink lots of water. I was super on track with drinking water for almost the whole year and I have lost that recently.
- Keep a planner every day...I don't want to go a day without having some goal. Even if that goal is making my bed, I want to do something that I can check off of my check list every day.
- Love better. This is something I am constantly striving towards. Even if I do not agree with someone or they annoy me, or whatever; everyone is worthy of Jesus' love, so they are worthy of mine.
^Happy New Year from my two of my best friends Chloe (middle) and Meranda (right)
You're incredible
ReplyDelete