NEW START
This is a post I've been planning on doing for awhile, but I haven't had the chance to really sit down and think about it until now!
Update on my life: I have now graduated from the PackYourBags program and it has been an incredible year. I have learned so much and made amazing friends that I really will keep forever. At least I'm planning to! Our last trip was a week and a half spent touring Israel and learning about the history while seeing the sights where Jesus lived and taught.
One highlight:
On April 1, 2017, I recommitted my life to God and got baptized again in the Jordan River. I really wasn't sure I was going to do this until I showed up to the baptism sight that day.
But God had been working in my heart and I knew that this was a perfect opportunity to show how much my relationship with Him and consequently, other people, had changed. Israel was an amazing experience in itself and seeing where Jesus walked and taught and where all the Bible stories I've heard about took place was incredible.
But the biggest thing that I learned and took away from Israel was that my Savior, Jesus, died for me so that I could live for Him and have a new start. I feel like this year was a new start for me, but it actually started 2,000 years ago when Jesus died for me.
God has taught me so many things this year about loving genuinely, being real with people, being sacrificial, having His joy and positivity, and just being a good witness to those around me. None of that would have happened had not Jesus died for me.
My new start was on April 1 because I chose to completely say yes to Jesus (albeit was not the first time I said yes to Him).
Don't be afraid of new beginnings or "starting over."
God, through Jesus' death, offers us unfailing love and unimaginable grace to help us walk in His ways and have a new start whenever we ask for it.
Update on my life: I have now graduated from the PackYourBags program and it has been an incredible year. I have learned so much and made amazing friends that I really will keep forever. At least I'm planning to! Our last trip was a week and a half spent touring Israel and learning about the history while seeing the sights where Jesus lived and taught.
One highlight:
On April 1, 2017, I recommitted my life to God and got baptized again in the Jordan River. I really wasn't sure I was going to do this until I showed up to the baptism sight that day.
But God had been working in my heart and I knew that this was a perfect opportunity to show how much my relationship with Him and consequently, other people, had changed. Israel was an amazing experience in itself and seeing where Jesus walked and taught and where all the Bible stories I've heard about took place was incredible.
But the biggest thing that I learned and took away from Israel was that my Savior, Jesus, died for me so that I could live for Him and have a new start. I feel like this year was a new start for me, but it actually started 2,000 years ago when Jesus died for me.
God has taught me so many things this year about loving genuinely, being real with people, being sacrificial, having His joy and positivity, and just being a good witness to those around me. None of that would have happened had not Jesus died for me.
My new start was on April 1 because I chose to completely say yes to Jesus (albeit was not the first time I said yes to Him).
Don't be afraid of new beginnings or "starting over."
God, through Jesus' death, offers us unfailing love and unimaginable grace to help us walk in His ways and have a new start whenever we ask for it.
Our PYB leader, Josh, baptizing me in the Jordan River

You are a quality human being.
ReplyDelete